Which storage cloud to choose?

Dropbox, Box, Google driver, Ubuntu one or icloud ?


Table of Contents

  • 1 Storage in cloud products
  • 2 My working environment
  • 3 How Storage cloud improved my life?
  • 4 Which product I like the most?

1 Storage in cloud products

Now I wanna too share some good storage cloud products that I used in my daily work. A good storage cloud tool can offer you so much convenient in daily life and increase your productivity and efficiency at work. Here is my own experience with some cloud products.

So, What is the storage cloud products? It is a services that can store your data into cloud and can share it everywhere.

Here is the storage cloud services that I already used.

free sizeOS compatibilityGFW compatibility
Dropbox5GLinux, Mac, WindowsOK
Box50GMac, WindowsOK
Google Driver15GMac, WindowsNeed to fuck GFW
ubuntu one5GLinux(ubuntu), Mac, WindowsOK
icloud5GMac, WindowsOK

2 My working environment

Before to illustrate this question, I wanna to show you all my ladies. I have five women in my life until now of course. Number one is my older acer laptop which run Fedora 19, I spent most of my time hung out with her, the reason that I love her so mush is that she is running my favorite operating system inside, and I like the way to dominate everything about her.

Number two is my older PC laying and sleeping in home, she is my first girl, I first met her about 6 years ago. Some times, I try to hung out with her, just for memory. And she is not running well recently because of the ages. She is running fedora 19 now, her first operating system is open suse, it's the good old days that worth me to memory in every sweet dreams.

Number three is my powerful PC in my company's workplace, she is powerful with newest 4 core CPU, 8G RAM and 1T hard driver, with ubuntu 12.04 running inside. I love her because she give me the wilder sex, that's really kick my ass.

Number four is my newest girl – Macbook air 2013. She is so beautiful, I like to spent time with her in deep night, I try to touch every inch of her skin, and to grab her every breath. Although I love her, I still try to dominate her.

Number five is my Google Nexus 4 android phone. She is my personal secretary.

I hung out with my acer girl and ubuntu powerful girl in my working time. After working time, I would like to hung out with my Mac air girl, I spent half of my rest time to live with my acer girl at my apartment and anther half time with my Mac air girl just for wilder love. Occasionally, I try to have a couple of tea with my older PC girl.

3 How Storage cloud improved my life?

According the above illustration, I have four kinds of computers which I wanna to working with, both at work and in my rest time. So what if I wanna to share some data with each others. So here is some scenarios:
  • I wanna to working in same data both at work and at rest time.
  • I wanna to share some data with each computers that I working in.
So, It is the Storage cloud that can work in these scenarios, it can sync data with different clients.

Before I use storage cloud services, I use version control system like Mercury(Hg) to collect my data into my usb driver. That's still an exhausting labor, I wanna to remember to sync the data manually when I wanna to change to anther environment.

Now Storage cloud can do it automatically, what I wanna to do now is just to switch to another computers, the sync services can did the sync jobs at the background.

4 Which product I like the most?

I use the dropbox to sync most of my data, it is faster and have version control function, provided client app for Linux, Mac OS and Android. what's more, it still did not blocked by GFW.

Google driver and Box are cool, but they just did not provide an desktop sync tool for linux. Consider the fact that icloud only works in Mac OS, So maybe my second option, after Dropbox's free space are running out, is the ubuntu one.

I still can upload some of my large space consuming data into Box and Google Driver, which provide more free space. So Box and Google Driver are my backup cloud now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bluedroid stack in android

How to setup a NAT server?

Network programming in elisp