tts-mode for emacs update - support Mac OS X's tts engine

tts-mode for emacs update - support Mac OS X's tts engine


Table of Contents

  • 1 Support Mac OS X's default tts engine
  • 2 Configure and Install tts-mode

1 Support Mac OS X's default tts engine

After I owned an Macbook air, I tried to port tts-mode into OS X system. I installed espeak command line tool into OS X, it works well just like in linux system. Thanks to the excellent portability of elisp source code, I need not to change any source code. I still have not installed festival tts engine into Mac OS, but it seems have many tutorials to do it.

After that I found OS X's default tts engine, which provide an command line interface, has much clearer and greater fluency than both espeak and festival. So I wonder if I can support OS X's default tts engine. Then here it is, the new tts-mode.

2 Configure and Install tts-mode

Reference the following codes:

(add-to-list 'load-path "path/to/tts-mode")
;; configure tts engine's command path if needed
; (setq espeak-program "/usr/bin/espeak")
; (setq festival-program "/usr/bin/festival")
; (setq say-program "/usr/bin/say");

;; require tts
(require 'tts)

After that, you can choice the macsay voice by command: M-x tts-voice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bluedroid stack in android

How to setup a NAT server?

Network programming in elisp