Customize ubuntu login console by Cowsay, ascii art


Before this article, I wanna introduce cowsay again, cowsay is an ASCII art generator, which is alway the nerd's favorite toy.

Cowsay & Fortune

I already used cowsay in my email client, gnus. And at that moment, I found out cowsay's closet mate, fortune. And this time is the moment to make some fun to my ssh login terminal.

How to decorate your ssh login console?


Welcome to Ubuntu 14.04.2 LTS (GNU/Linux 3.13.0-53-generic x86_64)
 * Documentation:  https://help.ubuntu.com/
 ____________________________
/ Expect the worst, it's the least you \
\ can do.                                            /
 --------------------------------------
        \   ^__^
         \  (oo)\_______
            (__)\              )\/\
                  ||--------w |
                  ||              ||

Following is a step to step tutorials to make the above dark ASCII art.


  1. install both cowsay and fortune.
  2. install following script into /etc/update-motd.d/

          #!/bin/sh
/usr/games/fortune | /usr/games/cowsay
In my machine, I named above script as 80-cowsay-tips.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bluedroid stack in android

How to setup a NAT server?

Network programming in elisp