My Emacs Configuration

My Emacs Configuration

Table of Contents

  • What is it?
  • How to install my configure
  • The most complicated part
  • Code location


1 What is it?

I have at least three desktop machines works right now, running Mac OS and Linux. I found that's a messy and dirty job to configure my emacs again and again after reinstalling the system.

This project is a convenience collection my configurations of emacs and reinstalls them quickly into another machine. I had worked in a similar project formerly, not a so pleasure experience, I commit everything located in ~/.emacs.d into a git repository, after realize how silly it is, I abandon that project.

This new project is an upgraded version, more light weight, just upload my own configuration without the third party modules.

2 How to install my configure

  • steps 1
    create your .emacs.d directory into your home directory
    cd ${HOME}
    mkdir .emacs.d
    
  • steps 2
    clone the code into your ${HOME}/.emacs.d directory
    cd ${HOME}/.emacs.d/
    git init
    git remote add origin https://github.com/suzp1984/emacs_d.git
    git remote update
    
  • steps 3
    open your emacs, ignore the loading errors, edit ~/.emacs.d/install.el, then eval the buffer
    M-x eval-buffer
    
    reopen your emacs, debug if there are still has loading errors.

3 The most complicated part

python, slime, ensime modules are the most complicated part of installing because they are not just elisp code part.

4 Code location

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bluedroid stack in android

How to setup a NAT server?

Network programming in elisp