Configure Emacs as an Python IDE

Configure Emacs as a Python IDE


Table of Contents

  • 1 use python.el
  • 2 auto-completion in python.el

1 use python.el

There are plenty of python modes which support develop python in emacs, well, in my personal opinion, most of those are sucks, and Ffgallina's python.el is the much better one. 

Besides the major mode for python, I installed following python packages including rope, ropemode, Pymacs, and ropemacs.
Install rope, reopmode, and ropemacs were really easy with the help of python's package management tool pip

pip install rope 
pip install ropemode
pip install ropemacs

Pymacs provided the both-way communication between Emacs Lisp and Python, it can not installed by pip, so just download the source code from GitHub. 

Install pymacs python package first. 

make
sudo make install

Install emacs package pymacs.el which generated by above step. copy pymacs.el into the path which included in emacs's load-path. Then add the following line into init.el 

(require 'pymacs)

2 auto-completion in python.el

After I install packages, it can auto-complete python source code by key binding M-/. But what I wanna is to use the auto-complete package in python.el. 

There is some trouble when I wanna to enable auto-complete in python.el. auto-complete support python-mode default, what I need to do is add the following line to configuring file 

(ac-ropemacs-initialize)

But the newest auto-complete package is 1.3.1 which require yasnippt <= 0.6.0, while I installed the yasnippt 0.8.0. So, I disable yasnippt support in auto-complete. I need not downgrade yasnippt package in order to make auto-complete works. 

I upload the modified source code into Github. Now it still didn't support yasnippt.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bluedroid stack in android

How to setup a NAT server?

Network programming in elisp